As a big Metal Music and Free Software fan, another day I was looking for "open source metal" at Google. What surprised me is that I really found something that I loved! It's called Severed Fifth! A project of Jono Bacon (The Community Manager of Canonical).
What is Severed Fifth? From the Severed Fifth About page:
"Severed Fifth is a bold project founded by Jono Bacon designed to explore how far a musician can take his or her music by releasing it as freely available to everyone.
To do this Jono writes all songs, performs all the instruments, and records everything in his home studio in the Bay Area, California. He then releases the full album online for all Severed Fifth fans to have full access to.
Musically Severed Fifth is a rich blend of genres, combining rhythmic heavy metal, elements of thrash and death metal, and strong melodic and timbrel undertones. The guitars are defined and heavy, the drums are percussive and the vocals blend together different emotive tones to complete the style."
In Severed Fifth Releases page, you can download the songs and the full album. Right now there's only "Denied by Reign", the first album, that it's really good! A new album is comming soon according to Severed Fifth's Twitter.
Here is a song for you to enjoy (it's the first track of "Denied by Reign" album): Beating Heart - Severed Fifth
So, who said Metal and Free Software couldn't be a good combination? ;D
- Writing asynchronous Python code with Twisted using inlineCallbacks
- PPA-Purge: The best friend for people who lives on Bleeding Edge
- My first tatoo is a Debian tatoo!
- http://artistsvocal.com/ on Writing asynchronous Python code with Twisted using inlineCallbacks
- Dallas2012.com on Writing asynchronous Python code with Twisted using inlineCallbacks
- Yetta on My first tatoo is a Debian tatoo!
- how to flip cars for money on How Hotmail prevented me from getting online on my ICQ account
- Announcements (1)
- Applications (3)
- Community (1)
- Development (4)
- Events (2)
- Linux (4)
- Misc (3)
- Music (1)
Thiago Bellini is a 25 years old Computer Programmer and FOSS enthusiast. More information about him at his About page.